Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 8 (Apr 29): Miles 98 - 106

We had another very short day today. Only about 8 miles. Went past Barrel Springs and San Ysidro creek. Had a long break to hide from the sun during the day and we are now at Eagle Rock where we will camp tonight. Eagle Rock is an impressive pile of rocks standing in the middle of a large cow pasture. There are loads of jersey cows around.


The short miles over last couple of days have really helped with the blisters and I feel ready to start putting in longer miles from tomorrow.


We will get to Warner Springs nice and early tomorrow morning so I can collect my supply boxes. Apparently the community centre serve up some food so I'm looking forward to that.


Saw quite a few thru hikers today and I think we'll be seeing even more from tomorrow onwards.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment