Thursday, September 27, 2012

Days 149 - 153 (Sept 19 - 23): Miles 2300 - 2402

On Wednesday I got a lift up to the trailhead with a truck driver from Yakama indian reservation. The walking was easy for the first section and there were lots of cool little lakes along the way.

There was still lots of smoke around from all the fires. A few miles past Chinook pass I saw smoke on the ridges, only a few hundred yards east of the pct.

Friday afternoon I ran into Bloodbank. Clouds were coming in and it was getting cooler and a bit wet. We ended up camping by a weather station that night.

Saturday morning was still misty and wet. I reached Snoqualmie pass around lunch time. I expected a package with a new headlamp and socks but it wasn't there. Ended up taking a zero on Sunday.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Ryno. You are almost to Canada. I hope that you get your package, though. New socks would be refreshing, I am sure.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo, laat weet ons waar jy is en of jy klaar gemaak het, ons raak nou bekommerd.
    ma en pa

    ReplyDelete