Thursday, August 2, 2012

Days 98 - 101 (July 30 - August 2): Miles 1423 - 1506

The section to Interstate 5 was pretty easy but hot at times. We met up with a family and there dog that are thru hiking. Their son is 7 years old and he hikes pretty fast! For the first time in my life I experienced a shin splint on my right leg. My shin was pretty swolen. A girl called Actionpack gave me a wrap to put on and Rian showed me how to tape my shin up. That helped a bit but I'll need some rest to get the swelling down.

We got down to the I 5 on Wednesday and it took about 30 mins to get a hitch into Mt. Shasta. Rian actually made a sign on my tyvek ground sheet and just he finished a dude in a 88 Cadillac pulled over and picked us up. In town we caught up with Brian and Gnu and had a few beers with them. The Base Camp gear shop has a large yard at the back where they alowed some of us to camp.

We are having a zero here today and plan to see the new batman movie at the cinema. Shasta is a pretty cool town!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment: