Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Days 124 - 127 (Aug 25 - 28): Miles 1830 - 1910

We got to Crater Lake early on Saturday morning. What a sight. It was smoggy from some nearby fires but the views were incredible!

We ate a nice breakfast at the lodge. It felt weird - us looking like bums in the fancy dinner room with a bunch of tourists. I forgot my battery pack at Mazama store but the guys at the lodge phoned down (they all work for the same group) and they retrieved it and drove it up for me. The trail provides, as they say!

The hike along the crater rim was awe inspiring! I'm really love Oregon so far and not just because of the easy walking. We have had some great views and I've enjoyed much of the woodland areas.

We are down at Shelter Cove resort right now. Pretty neat place and Odell lake is beautiful! The chipmunks here are so tame I saw them eating out of a little girl's hands. And the people that work here drive pretty sweer trucks!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

3 comments:

  1. Moet se jy lyk soos n regte bosbewooner ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings, Ryno. I just visited Crater Lake yesterday (Wednesday, August 29). What a glorious spectacle. I hope that you are feeling well and strong. It is unfortunate about all the fires in the northwest, causing so much smog. Alas. Have you earned a trail name yet?

    Wishing you the best of success.

    JOSHUA

    ReplyDelete