Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 55: A side trip to Mt. Whitney

So I started out quite late for the mountain. I was tired and in two minds about going. Eventually after seeing Clarke Kent and some of the other guys leave for the climb, and after some motivation from Brian, I started.


I left all my gear behind and only took the essentials. The light pack felt great and I was up ther by 10:30. The views were amazing. I ran into Gnu just before the summit. He was going down. He had hiked ahead of me and Brian from Tuesday and had camped at the ranger station camp ground. I caught up with him again on the way down and we hiked together the rest of the way. We stopped at Guitar lake, another gorgeous alpine lake, where I had a quick swim in the icy water.


I got back to Crabtree meadow by about 5 and made dinner. Brian had hiked on ahead since he didn't want to climb Whitney.


I'm having an early night tonight with the idea of getting up super early so I can be over Forrester Pass before lunch.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

3 comments:

  1. Dis awesome. Love dit om jou blog te lees, jy ontmoet soveel nice mense, wel dit klink so anyway. Ek sien rooi willie groei sterk. Gaan hy jou warm hou wanneer jy deur die koue gebiede gaan.

    Ons almal stuur groete
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankie Nats! Hoop alles gan goed da!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dankie Nats! Hoop alles gan goed da!

    ReplyDelete