Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Days 62 - 63 (May 21 - 22): Miles 800 - 841

Thursday morning I got my food bag out of the camp site bear box and there was a little hole chewed in it. Some little critter had a few bites of my tortillas. But it was only a small bit so I was able to save most of it.

All the way up to Pinchot pass the mosquitoes were pretty bad so I rushed up to the saddle fast. After the pass the mozzie numbers were less and I enjoyed the descent much more. I even had a quick but ice cold dip in lake Marjorie.

After lunch we gradually started ascending to Mather pass. We passed some beautiful small meadows and the final ascend was easy enough.

We descended to the gorgeous Pallisade lakes and camped above the first lake.

Friday was tough as we ascended to Muir pass. The climb was gradual but long. We passed some amazingly beautiful meadows and lakes on the way up, the final and most beautiful lake being Helen lake.

We spent some time at the stone built Muir hut on the pass before descending to Wanda lake were we set up camp just before sunset. The views to all sides were amazing!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. Die foto's is pragtig, mens kan sien waarom almal so in vervoering is oor die gedeeltes.

    ReplyDelete