Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Days 82 -85 (July 13 - 16): Miles 1093 - 1195

So the last few days I made some big miles. I left South Lake Tahoe on Friday morning and started hiking from Echo summit around 11:30.

Echo lake is pretty cool. The lake is surrounded by all these cabins that can only be reached by boat. After Echo lake you reach Aloha lake which is more remote and very beautiful. There were a few other amazing lakes up in that section coming down from Dick's pass.

I saw a beautiful deer right next to the trail close to Paradise lake. It didn't move as I walked by but just stared at me. Pretty cool moment.

I did about 30 miles on Saturday and 28 on Sunday. My biggest days yet. The body was feeling it though.

When I arrived at Sierra City a RV camper at Wild Plum campground offered me a cold beer! I walked down to town and the Red Moose Inn where I found Rian, Brian and Gnu! The Red Moose is awesome. The friendly owner allows hikers to camp in the back yard, have showers and do laundry for free. We got coffee in the morning and you can get good breakfasts here.

On Monday night we all went down to the hotel and played some pool. Sierra City is a great town with lots of old buildings. One of my favourite towns so far!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. Is dit geld wat daar teen die dak vassit????
    Indien wel,so iets sal jy nooit in "sa" sien nie, dit sou lankal gesteel gewees het,sorry maar dit is hoe dit is!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete