Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Days 86 - 90 (July 17 - 21): Miles 1195 - 1290

On Tuesday morning I resupplied at the general store and had the best breakfast burrito, also sold by the store, on the trail so far.

We started our climb out of Sierra City around noon but lots of shade from the trees and some clouds made for an fairly easy afternoon.

On Wednesday afternoon I was walking along when I saw Rian's pack next to the trail. I figured he had maybe gone down to a lake called Duck Soup pond to get some water. When he finally appeared he had for bottles of Heineken in his hands. He put them down in front of me and then proceeded to pull another 3 bottles out of his jacket! It looks like some ORV campers left them down at the lake. We drank 3 each and gave the last one to Nugio, a cool guy and fellow PCT hiker.

I think I might have picked up a bug because the last couple of days I have been having feverish symptoms. I'd feel very cold one moment and very warm the next, especially at night. My muscles are also stiff and sore like with the flu although I have no cough or running nose. I was thinking Gardia but my stomach has been fine.

I'm in Belden Town resort now and might head over to the Braaten's later with Rian. If I don't feel better I might stay the night. There are loads of bikers here this weekend.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment