Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 10 (1 May): Miles 124 - 138

We woke this morning surrounded by an amazing world of huge boulders and remnants of what I imagine used to be a very old forest. Some trees were still standing but the majority were destroyed by fire. It was like a scene from Lord Of The Rings.


We hiked on to a Chihauhau road and from there we walk a short stretch to the house of trail angel Mike. He wasn't there but we relaxed there for a while and slowly some other hikers came in.


I had a quick meal and said goodbye to Matt for the moment. He wanted to stay longer and nurse some injuries. I really enjoyed his company over the last week or so and he is great hiking partner. Hopefully I will see him up the trail.


Some of the hikers I've met over the last couple of days and have seen frequently are Weebee, Mr. Wizard, Worry Wart, Big Wuss, Christo and Sheldon. Those are only the ones I can remember the names of. Also briefly met an english guy from Leytonstone who flew by us.


Ankles and feet were very tired by the end of today. Hopefully an early night and some good sleep will sort me out sinceI slept quite rough the last few nights. Tonight Im using my blow up matras. Luxury!


Had a beatiful sunset and interesting cloud formations.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment