Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 29 (May 20): Miles 381 - 400

Well today was quite a tough one for me. It started with a long descent to Islip Summit and then a climb up the 7780 foot Mt. Williamson. This was followed by another steep descent and then a road walk and of a few miles to detour around an area where endangered toads live.


As I was doing the road walk some trail angels and their two sons pulled over in their car. They offered me some food and drink so I took a soda, crisps and a banana. Their trail names were Law(dad) and Order(mom). The sons were called Skate and Sketch. Very nice people. Law said my trail name should be Shade as I was walking along the road with my umbrella up.


The detour also included a section of the Buckhart trail down to Cooper Canyon which is a very nice trail.


Camping at Glenwood with a few other hikers. I'm very tired after two tough days for me. Ankle is still the same but not feeling worse which is good.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment: