Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 27 (May 18): Miles 342 - 360

I left the Best Western and hit the trail at about 10am this morning. I had about 6 litres with me because this was a dry stretch. Over the next 20 miles I would ascend about 5000 feet.


Leaving Cajon Pass I was in awe at the hundreds of vehicles and many freight trains going through this area. While climbing I had great views over the pass below with it's constant wave of cars and trucks going by.


It wasn't too hot but the climb was pretty tough. I didn't notice untill late afternoon that my arms had sun burn so I ripped out the trusty umbrella. There was a section where I had to walk a dirt road to avoid the Poodle Dog bush on the trail.


I was wearing a pair of Rian's Brookes Cascadia shoes. He had a new pair shipped to him too early and was going to leave this pair in a hiker box. They were still pretty new so I decided to try them to see if they help with the pains I have been having in the balls of my feet. The feet feel pretty good. Ankle is still the main concern though. It was not too bad today after 18 miles. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment