Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 28 (May 19): Miles 360 - 381

Well I didn't sleep great last night so I only got on the trail around 7am. Passed a lot of ski sites today.


In the afternoon there was a steep decent to the road and then I started climbing the 9400 foot Mt. Baden Powell. It was a tough one but the views were amazing along the way.


There were a few runners going up the mountain. I'd like to try running up a mountain like that, maybe one day!


The panoramic views from the summit were amazing. Had a chat with a Japanese guy there and he was blown away when he heard I hiked from Mexico. After 30 mins I descended and made dinner a few miles later. I decided to hike on another mile to get in the habit of not cooking where I camp.


Tried the Merrels again this morning but the rocky terrain made me realise I'm better off with the Brookes for now. Ankle is slightly better but still hurting a bit.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment